Monday, August 12, 2013

Star gazing, or: Sometimes, a hat is just a hat.



I attended a baseball game at Minute Maid Park between the home team Houston Astros and the visiting Texas Rangers (my home team, still) last weekend.  I asked a couple of friends to join me. I chose the Houston location primarily because it's in an air conditioned ballpark, in downtown Houston. Both of these are important considerations to me. Houston's transfer to the American League West this year is something that gives me great pleasure.

On my list of things to do at the game (in addition to paying too much for a Saint Arnold beer) was to purchase a Houston Astros ballcap, now that they have returned to an older-style logo. I have long admired the cap for its simplicity of design: orange cap, blue star, with serif H.


I will no doubt wear my Astros cap often, because it is orange and unstructured. But for the game, I wore the cap I proudly wore into the ballpark... as did about half of those in attendance.

P.S. The game was the best of both worlds. The Rangers won convincingly, and I got to see the choo-choo train move across the left field parapet.

No comments: