Sunday, June 08, 2008

I'm so glad.


Handkerchiefs.

I'm the only person I know who carries one at all times, either folded into a point in the breast pocket of a jacket, or folded into a square and stuffed into a hip pocket, or simply stuffed into a front pockets of my pants. I usually use them to wipe sweat off my face and out of my eyes. I never use them to blow my nose. I have offered a scrupulously clean one to someone who was crying.


And I have been known to tie a knot in all four corners and wear one as a hat when I am working outside (or to wear underneath a bike helmet).

In the photo above, I am about to begin the process of removing the mildew that blossomed on the carport beam. Dallas' formerly moderate humidity has given way to almost Houston-like levels (thanks to suburban sprawl, swimming pools, and lawn sprinklers).

Global damping.

No comments: